Monday, September 20, 2010

weekend in ga

well it has been a really busy weekend. My friends threw me a baby shower on Saturday In Ga. Its about a 4 hour drive from here to there so it isnt too bad. I dont like the drive, but its close enough that I can see friends of mine if i want to. Although- I am not making the trip anymore until after baby travis is born, because my hands and feet swelled up a LOT on this trip. Thats the first time that has happened to me yet, and it really freaked me out, and when you have to stop every hour or so to pee, it makes the trip even longer... sooo, after travis is born Ill make my way back down again.
The shower was really really amazing. Erin (who is 2 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy) and Joyce put the shower together and it just really was so great. I had about 7 people show up I think and I got a lot of really nice stuff. I got a TON of clothes for Travis. He has so many clothes now I dont think we are gonna have to get anything new till he is almost a year old! And all the clothes are SO CUTE! SOOO SOOO CUTE!! You will definitely be seeing him when i change him every hour on the hour or so because I want him to wear EVERYTHING but I know he is gonna grow so fast. One of my favorite outfits, my aunt got me, is really tiny. I want it to be his coming home outfit, but Im not even sure if he will fit into it.maybe ill take a pic of that one and put it on here. I hope he comes out small and tiny. He is going to be so adorable! :)
anyway, i also got some pajamas for me, which are SUPER comfortable and they are great. I love them. We got a bath toy holder for travis shaped like a frog, and some books, and some baby blankets, and a few tiny little toys, and joyce made me a diaper cake! We got a lot of really good stuff. I am so excited for this little tike to come!
I got to spend the day with kimberly while I was back in GA. she just had a boy almost 3 months ago, and that little guy (Caleb) is the happiest little baby I have ever met in my entire life! He is super cute! I got to help take care of him and she gave me a lot of good advice. She does a really good job taking care of him. Her husband Steven works in Charleston SC and so he is only home a couple nights a week. She did the whole newborn thing without him there all the time. I am glad I got to see what its like dealing with a newborn cuz I was nervous! Hopefully little baby Travis will be just as happy and wonderful as Caleb.
The night before I left, (wednesday) Trent came home. He got medically dropped from the course because of his two back surgeries. They found out and were confused as to how he even got in the course in the first place. SOOOOOOO- now we have a NEW adventure to deal with because who knows where we are going or what we are doing now. Im a little worried, because Travis is gonna be here in about 6 weeks and it takes the army just about that long to cut new orders to a new location. I dont wanna move again!!!!!!
We just put the room border up in travis's room and today when trent gets home from work we are going SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything that we didnt get off the baby registry list is now discounted price, and so we are gonna go get the rest of the big stuff we need, and maybe a couple little things! I am so excited! Its gonna be FUN. Shopping for the baby has been my favorite part of being preggo so far. We will see how it goes.
On a sadder note, the doggies trampled my garden while i was gone this weekend. :( Im REALLY sad... but, there are a few good guys left still going strong. It doesnt look as pretty anymore, but hopefully in a week or so, it will look better. I lost about 8 of my plants I think. There are still a few of each left, so at least that's good. I hope I can still get some beans and some cucumbers off of them tho.. I am really sad, but Trent and I had a really good talk last night and I am trying to remember that there are more important things in life, and its just a garden... I am trying really really hard not to sweat the small stuff anymore. I am just getting so stressed out about everything lately, and I hate being so easily stressed out now. I think that might also help my mood. Its good to be happy!
Anyway, trent just got home, and I feel like playing rock band! I will catch u tomorrow!